To develop an appreciation of the application of business principles in the service environment, and to acquire the required skills for managing key business activities.
To be able to undertake essential business development activities, and to provide a pro-active input to the business decision making processes.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- Understand the principles for preparing a business plan.
- Describe the rationale and criteria for business case development.
- Explain the role of business reporting systems.
- Describe the requirements for operations performance analysis.
- Describe the purpose and role of productivity measures.
- Describe the process of financial results achieved.
- Explain how cost control measures are managed.
- Explain the impact of quality costs on service performance.