To develop an understanding of basic economic theory and the relationship of the Australian economy to business decision making.
To be able to apply economic principles to business planning and development according to the prevailing economic conditions.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- To learn the fundamental terminology of economics.
- To develop an understanding of the key economic indicators.
- To understand the nature and structure of the Australian economy.
- To develop an appreciation of the global economy and its impact on trade and economic development beyond the year 2015.
- To be able to recognise economic trends and assess their impact on business outcomes.