To understand the importance of Occupational Health and Safety legislation, and regulations along with the principles for managing and operating an effective Occupational Health and Safety system.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- Ensure the development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of effective prevention programs for the workplace.
- Identify potential and current health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Collect, analyse, interpret and use workplace data in a systematic manner.
- Consult and communicate recognising the industrial framework and social context of the workplace.
- Apply knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice in day-to-day activities.
- Assess the workplace management systems and apply sound management practices to all aspects of the occupational health and safety function.