To establish the critical links between industry and the environment to determine the role of management in environmental issues and to assess the implications of environmental issues with respect to industry responsibilities.
To recognise the significance of the relationship between business and the environment.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- Identify the key environmental issues of the future.
- Define the relevant environmental legislation and regulations that can be expected to impact on the service industry.
- Determine industry’s role and responsibilities to these laws and regulations.
- To analyse the responses which organisations can and should make to environmental issues.
- To apply an environment management process to an organisation.