To develop an understanding of the Australian Industrial Relations system and how it is changing to meet the challenges beyond the year 2000.
To be able to describe the Industrial Relations processes that apply in Australia today.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- To investigate the industrial relations systems past and present.
- To study the role and functions of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission.
- To examine political ideologies and industrial relations.
- To establish the dominant issues influencing the attitudes of unions and management.
- To study the factors that shaped the industrial environment of the 90s.