To identify leadership styles and characteristics, and the essential requirements for effectively leading people.
To enable course members to acquire the knowledge and skills for professional leadership in the work environment.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- Identify types of leadership styles and their associated characteristics.
- Examine workplace influences that impact on leadership style.
- To study a typical leadership model.
- To develop the requirements for leading a team.
- Study the processes of delegation, motivation and empowerment.
- Examine the need for and role of self-assessment.