To understand the principles and processes involved in a service logistics operation, and to acquire the knowledge required for achieving an efficient and cost effective logistics management system.
To develop an appreciation of logistics management in the future and how to maximise the cost benefits.
As an outcome of completing this topic you will be able to:
- Identify the requirements for cost effective logistics management in the new millennium.
- Describe the characteristics of a service logistics operation today.
- Develop an inventory holding strategy.
- Explain the role of the information management system in a service logistics operations.
- Describe service logistics as a business today.
- Describe the changing service environment and its impact on service logistics.
- Identify the quality issues relating to service logistics management